Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men's Lacrosse Hosts...
The Providence College men's lacrosse program hosted its second free coaches clinic on Thursday, Oct. 30 at Schneider Arena, the home of the Friar lacrosse...
Men's Cross Country Ready To...
The 17th-ranked Providence College men's cross country team are set to race at the BIG EAST Championships in Carmel, Ind. on Friday, Oct. 31.
Field Hockey Takes On...
The Providence College field hockey team concludes its regular-season schedule with a BIG EAST Conference match-up against Villanova on Saturday, Nov. 1 in...
Women's Soccer Set To Host...
The Providence College women's soccer team is set to host Villanova for its final game of the conference season at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 31 at the Ray...
Caitlin Malone Selected To...
Providence College field hockey player Caitlin Malone (Ossining, N.Y.) has been selected to play in the 2014 Victory Sports Tours / NFHCA Division I Senior...
Men's Soccer Defeat DePaul, 2-1
The Providence College men's soccer team defeated DePaul, 2-1, at the Ray Treacy Track and Field Complex on Wednesday night (Oct. 29).
Women's Hockey Opens Hockey ...
The Friars will play a home-and-home series against Boston College on Friday, Oct. 31 and Saturday, Nov. 1. Boston College will host a contest on Friday at ...
Volleyball To Continue BIG...
The Providence College volleyball team will host Villanova on Friday, Oct. 31 and Seton Hall on Saturday, Nov. 1. Friday's match will start at 7:00 p.m....