Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Providence Track Travels To ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence Track & Field team traveled to Eugene, Ore. for the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships on Wednesday, June 6....
John Rock on the Providence ...
John Rock - From adhesive tape to sleep pods: 30 years of caring for Friar student-athletes
Track's Abbey Wheeler...
TAMPA, FLA. – The Providence College track & field team competed on the final day of the first round of the NCAA championships on Saturday, May 26 in...
TAMPA, FLA. – The Providence College track team competed on the first day of the first round of the NCAA Championships on Thursday, May 24 in Tampa,...
Providence College's Joshua ...
Recent Providence College graduate Joshua Keller (Grand Rapids, Mich.) has been selected to play in the NEILA East-West Senior All-Star Game.
Track Travels To Tampa, Fla....
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College track and field teams traveled to Tampa, Fla. for the First Round of the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field...
Men’s Soccer Releases ...
The Providence College men’s soccer program and head coach Craig Stewart announced the program’s incoming freshman class for the 2018 season on...
John O'Neill Announces Team ...
Providence College swimming and diving Head Coach John O’Neill announced the captains for the upcoming 2018-19 season today [May 18]. Rising seniors...