Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Track Travels To Lexington, ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College track and field teams traveled to Lexington, Ky. for the First Round of the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field...
Men’s Soccer Adds Two ...
Providence College men’s soccer Head Coach Craig Stewart announced today (May 22) the addition of two student-athletes to the 2017 roster.
Women's Soccer Announces...
Providence College Women’s Soccer Head Coach announced its 2017 fall schedule today [May 19]. Providence will open in Harrisonburg, Va. against William...
Softball's Lundstrom named...
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The National Fastpitch Coaches Association has announced that 667 student-athletes from 175 programs have received 2017 NFCA Division...
PC Student-Athletes Excel In...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Last week, the NCAA released the 2015-2016 Academic Progress Rate report. Two Providence College teams posted perfect multi-year rates of ...
Men’s Hockey Releases ...
Providence College men's hockey Head Coach Nate Leaman announced the Friars' 2017-18 schedule on Thursday (May 18).
Eight Track Athletes Qualify...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The NCAA announced qualifiers for the First Round of the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships on Thursday, May 18. The Friars ...
Men's Lacrosse Jarrod...
The New England Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (NEILA) announced its All-New England Academic Team today [May 18]. Senior defensemen Jarrod Neumann (Sp...