Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men's Cross Country Places...
Women's Cross Country...
The Providence College women's cross country team finished 13th at the Lavern Gibson Championship Cross Country Course for the NCAA Championships in Terre...
Men's Basketball Game Notes ...
Ellis Stops 29 As No. 19 Men...
Nick Ellis stopped all 29 shots he faced and Trevor Mingoia scored at 8:00 of the third period to lift the No. 19 Providence College men's hockey team to a 1...
Men's Basketball Defeats...
The Providence College men's basketball team defeated Florida State, 80-54, on Saturday, November 22 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off...
Volleyball Falls 3-0 At Xavier
The Providence College volleyball team was defeated by Xavier, 3-0 (26-24, 25-15, 25-10), on Saturday night. Sophomore Kayla Johnson (Silver Spring, Md.) led...
Swimming and Diving Compete ...
The Providence College men's and women's swimming and diving teams competed in the Harold Anderson Invitational hosted by the University of Rhode Island on...
Men's Soccer To Host...
The No. 11 seeded Providence College men's soccer team will host Dartmouth in the Second Round of the 2014 NCAA Tournament at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 23 at...