Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Field Hockey Introduces...
Providence College field hockey Head Coach Diane Madl announced today [July 17] that five student-athletes will begin their academic and athletic careers as ...
Nogic And Che Complete Play ...
The Providence College women’s basketball program was well-represented at the 2017 FIBA U20 Women’s European Championship, held July 8-16 in...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Providence College softball head coach Kerri Jacklets announced the hiring of Kate Poppe as the team’s new assistant coach on ...
Current, Former, and Future ...
The Providence College men's hockey team was well-represented at various NHL Development Camps that have taken place throughout the month of July.
McKenzie, Monk Ink Contracts...
It was announced today (July 7) that former Providence College defensemen Kyle McKenzie (Aston, Pa.) and Josh Monk (Langley, British Columbia) have signed...
Sam Lopes Leadership Academy...
The Providence College women’s soccer coaching staff announced it will hold a two-day Summer Clinic the week of July 22-23. The clinics will be...
Women's Basketball Releases ...
Providence College women’s basketball Head Coach Jim Crowley released the Friars’ 2017-18 non-conference schedule today [July 6]. Providence will...
Providence College Ranked...
Providence College is ranked 79th in the final Learfield Directors’ Cup standings. The final tally was released over the weekend, and it marked the...