Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Official StoreOfficial Online
Margaret Howe Named...
Margaret Howe joins the Friars as the program’s full time Assistant Coach of Swimming. Most recently, Howe served as Head Coach of men’s and...
Men's Basketball Adds...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Providence College men's basketball coach Ed Cooley announced that four newcomers will join the Friar roster next season. Freshman Alpha ...
Men's Soccer Announces...
Providence College men's soccer Head Coach Craig Stewart announced today (May 26) the addition of nine student-athletes to the 2016 roster.
Michael Perettine Selected...
Providence College men’s lacrosse player Michael Perettine (Farmingdale, N.Y.) was selected to play in the 75th USILA/Nike North/South Senior Game,...
Jim Crowley Formally...
Providence College President Rev. Brian Shanley, O.P. and Athletics Director Bob Driscoll formally introduced Jim Crowley as head coach of the women's...
Men's and Women's Track Set ...
The Providence College men's and women's track teams travel to Jacksonville, Fla. on May 26-28 for the NCAA First Round.
Kris Dunn And Ben Bentil...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Providence College guard Kris Dunn (New London, Conn.) and forward Ben Bentil (Wilmington, Del.) have elected to enter the 2016 NBA Draft....
Women's Volleyball Posts The...
The Providence College women's volleyball team posted the highest team GPA (3.51) during the spring 2016 semester. Providence College student-athletes...