Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Official StoreOfficial Online
Matt Francis Named Assistant...
Providence College men’s lacrosse Head Coach Chris Gabrielli announced today [July 19] that Matt Francis has joined his staff as an assistant coach. ...
Yoyo Nogic Completes Play At...
Providence College rising sophomore women’s basketball player Jovana ‘Yoyo’ Nogic (Lisbon, Portugal) represented her native Serbia at the...
Former Friar Julian Matthews...
Former Providence College track and cross country standout Julian Matthews '13 will compete in the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympics. Matthews (Nelson, New...
Friars Make Their Presence...
18 former, current, and future Friars have been invited to NHL Development Camps this month.
Bid Now On A Kris Dunn Game-...
Currently on our auction we will be selling a game-worn Kris Dunn jersey. The starting bid will be $500 and the auction will end on July 27 at 1:00 pm. The...
Sarah Collins And Julian...
Providence College women’s cross country stand-out Sarah Collins (Basel, Switzerland) and men’s indoor track star Julian Oakley (Tauranga, New...
Men's Hockey Unveils 2016-17...
The Friars will play 15 games against NCAA Tournament participants in 2016-17.
Men's Soccer Announces 2016 ...
Providence College men's soccer Head Coach Craig Stewart announced the program's 2016 season schedule today (July 6). The Friars will play 10 home games at...