Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Volleyball Head Coach Margot...
It was announced today [April 21] by Providence College Athletics Director Bob Driscoll that women’s volleyball Head Coach Margot Royer-Johnson has...
Track’s Shanahan Named...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The BIG EAST announced its weekly Athletes of the Week and honor roll for outdoor track & field on Monday, April 23. Providence...
Men's Lacrosse Earns BIG...
Providence College men's lacrosse player Sean Leahey (Cranford, N.J.) was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll, as announced by the league on Monday,...
Providence College Ranks...
Providence College is ranked 77th in the most recent Learfield Directors’ Cup standings with 170 points, as of April 21. The Friars are ranked second...
Track Sees Standout...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College men’s and women’s track & field teams competed at two meets over the weekend, racing at the Holy Cross...
Softball Takes Down Butler...
INDIANAPOLIS, IND. – The Providence College softball team played the final game of a three-game series against the Butler Bulldogs on Sunday, April 22....
Softball Drops Doubleheader ...
INDIANAPOLIS, IND. – The Providence Softball team played a doubleheader against the Butler Bulldogs on Saturday, April 21. The Friars dropped the first...
Men's Lacrosse Falls to No. ...
The Providence College men’s lacrosse team fell to No. 3 Denver, 13-6, in BIG EAST regular-season action on Saturday, April 21 in Providence, R.I. ...