Updated Providence Idol Standings
June 27, 2012
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Updated Providence Idol standings are now available. There are just a few short days left to vote and help the program of your choice win $1,000. Sam Schlich, of the women's swimming & diving program, owns a narrow lead in the standings. To cast your vote, please do so by June 30th. Current standings and voting procedures are below.
- Sam Schlich (Women’s Swimming and Diving) - $1,390
- Genevieve Lacasse (Women’s Ice Hockey) - $1,300
- Jake Nolan (Lacrosse) - $770
- John Fatigati (Men’s Swimming and Diving) - $750
- Jen Abrams (Softball) - $300
- Emily Sisson (Women’s XC/Track) - $100
- Laura DiClemente (Women’s Soccer) - $50
A student-athlete from each of our athletic programs is competing to be this year's Providence Idol! The winning varsity athletic program will be awarded $1,000 that they can use next year. You determine the winner! The nominees for each sport are:
Men's Basketball - LaDontae Henton Women's Basketball - Lola Wells Men's Cross Country/Track - David McCarthy Women's Cross Country/Track - Emily Sisson Field Hockey - Henni Tietze Men's Ice Hockey - Alex Beaudry Women's Ice Hockey - Genevieve Lacasse Lacrosse - Jake Nolan Men's Soccer - Jhojan Obando Women's Soccer - Laura DiClemente Softball - Jen Abrams Men's Swimming/Diving - John Fatigati Women's Swimming/Diving - Sam Schlich Tennis - Maria Clara Bernardez Volleyball - Lauren Fletcher
1. To cast your vote - make a donation to the Friars Forever Athletic Fund by visiting http://www.givetopc.org
2. In the comments box, indicate the student-athlete that you are voting for to be this year's idol.
3. Your Providence Idol will receive one vote for every $20 donated. (for example, if you make a $40 gift, it will count as two votes toward your student-athlete of choice; $100 gift counts as five votes, etc.).
4. On June 30th, the votes will be tallied and the winning team with receive $1,000 for their program!
Stay tuned to Friars.com for updates and be sure to cast your vote before June 30th!
Official StoreOfficial Online
Providence College Men's...
Providence College is ranked 13th out of 106 eligible colleges and universities in the final 2014-15 Division I Men's Capital One Cup standings, released on ...
Providence College Finishes ...
Providence College finished 54th of 293 institutions in the final 2015 Learfield Sports Directors' Cup standings, released on June 26. Providence also...
National Grid Foundation and...
On Wednesday June 17th, Providence College men's basketball student-athletes Ben Bentil (Wilmington, Del.), and Rodney Bullock (Hampton, Va.), visited Esek...
Women's Basketball Rounds...
Providence College women's basketball Head Coach Susan Robinson Fruchtl announced the hire of three individuals who will round out her support staff heading ...
Men's And Women's Swimming...
The Providence College men's and women's swimming and diving programs have earned national recognition for high achievement in the classroom. The College...
Allegra Botteghi Named To U-...
Providence College rising sophomore Allegra Botteghi (Bologna, Italy) has been named to the U-20 Italian Women's National Team that will compete at the 2015 ...
2015 Men's Ice Hockey Golf...
The 2015 Providence College men's hockey golf tournament is officially sold out. The annual fundraising event will take place on Aug. 14, 2015 at the...
Margot Royer-Johnson Leads...
Providence College women's volleyball Head Coach Margot Royer-Johnson recently served as head coach for a team sponsored by USA Athletes International. The ...