Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Providence College Ranks...
Providence College is ranked 77th in the most recent Learfield Directors’ Cup standings with 170 points, as of April 21. The Friars are ranked second...
Track Sees Standout...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College men’s and women’s track & field teams competed at two meets over the weekend, racing at the Holy Cross...
Softball Takes Down Butler...
INDIANAPOLIS, IND. – The Providence College softball team played the final game of a three-game series against the Butler Bulldogs on Sunday, April 22....
Softball Drops Doubleheader ...
INDIANAPOLIS, IND. – The Providence Softball team played a doubleheader against the Butler Bulldogs on Saturday, April 21. The Friars dropped the first...
Men's Lacrosse Falls to No. ...
The Providence College men’s lacrosse team fell to No. 3 Denver, 13-6, in BIG EAST regular-season action on Saturday, April 21 in Providence, R.I. ...
Softball Travels To Take On ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College Softball team traveled to Indianapolis, Ind. on Friday, April 20 to take on a three-game series against the...
Lacrosse Endowment Fund...
Through a lead gift by Sean ‘91 and Deb Horrigan, Providence College has established the Kevin “Muggs” Murray Lacrosse Endowment Fund in...
James Barclay Selected 57th ...
Providence College senior defensemen James Barclay (Toronto, Ontario) was selected as the 57th overall pick by the Charlotte Hounds (Seventh Round, 3rd pick)...