Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men's Basketball Announces...
Providence College Head Coach Ed Cooley announced the 2015-16 men's basketball team's non-conference schedule on Wednesday, July 22. The non-conference...
Emily Sisson Named USTFCCCA ...
The U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) announced its All-Academic teams and Scholar Athletes of the Year today (July 17)....
Friar Athletics Sets...
Thanks to the generous support of 3,134 donors, more than $6,060,000 in cash was raised for Providence College Athletics in the 2015 fiscal year through...
Providence College And BIG...
Providence College and the BIG EAST Conference have released the broadcast schedules for fall sports coverage during the 2015 season. In its second year as ...
Kris Dunn Competes In Nike...
Providence College junior Kris Dunn (New London, Conn.) participated in the Nike Basketball Academy in late June. The camp was held from June 26-29 and...
Yoyo Nogic Named To U19...
Providence College incoming freshman women's basketball player Yoyo Nogic (Lisbon, Portugal) has been named to the U19 Serbian National Team and will compete...
Allegra Botteghi Completes...
Providence College rising sophomore Allegra Botteghi (Bologna, Italy) recently competed for Italy in the FIBA U20 European Championships on July 2-12 in...
Construction for Chapey Field at Anderson Stadium began in early May as construction crews work on the project. The field is named after Karl Anderson '88...