Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Women's Cross Country Ranked...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The USTFCCCA released their latest national poll on Sept. 27, ranking the Providence College women’s cross country team first ...
Men's Lacrosse Introduces...
Providence College lacrosse Head Coach Chris Gabrielli has welcomed 12 new members to his program, who joined the College community this fall (2016). The...
Men’s Soccer To Host...
The Providence College men’s soccer team will play a non-conference match against Connecticut on Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 7:00 p.m. at Chapey Field at...
Men’s Hockey Tabbed...
The Hockey East Association held its annual Media Day on Tuesday at the TD Garden in Boston.
Men’s Hockey Ranked No...
The Providence College men’s hockey team was tabbed 10th in the USCHO.com Preseason Poll announced on Monday (Sept. 26).
Floor Rozemeijer Named BIG...
Providence College field hockey defender Floor Rozemeijer (Santpoort-Zuid, Holland) was named BIG EAST Freshman of the Week on Monday, Sept. 26. Senior...
Women's Soccer's Kristyn...
Senior goalkeeper Kristyn Shea (Piscataway, N.J.) was named BIG EAST Goalkeeper of the week on Monday, Sept. 26.
Doris Burke on the...
Burke joins the podcast to discuss her journey from Providence College to the top of her profession.