Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Track Travels To Lexington, ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College track and field teams traveled to Lexington, Ky. for the First Round of the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field...
Men’s Soccer Adds Two ...
Providence College men’s soccer Head Coach Craig Stewart announced today (May 22) the addition of two student-athletes to the 2017 roster.
Women's Soccer Announces...
Providence College Women’s Soccer Head Coach announced its 2017 fall schedule today [May 19]. Providence will open in Harrisonburg, Va. against William...
Softball's Lundstrom named...
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The National Fastpitch Coaches Association has announced that 667 student-athletes from 175 programs have received 2017 NFCA Division...
PC Student-Athletes Excel In...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Last week, the NCAA released the 2015-2016 Academic Progress Rate report. Two Providence College teams posted perfect multi-year rates of ...
Men’s Hockey Releases ...
Providence College men's hockey Head Coach Nate Leaman announced the Friars' 2017-18 schedule on Thursday (May 18).
Eight Track Athletes Qualify...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The NCAA announced qualifiers for the First Round of the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships on Thursday, May 18. The Friars ...
Men's Lacrosse Jarrod...
The New England Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (NEILA) announced its All-New England Academic Team today [May 18]. Senior defensemen Jarrod Neumann (Sp...