Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Providence College Names...
Providence College Athletics Director Bob Driscoll announced today (July 2) that Jill Karwoski has been named the head coach of the softball team.
Providence College Athletics...
The National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) and the Fiesta Bowl have selected Providence College Athletics as one of three...
Destiny Clark Joins...
Providence College women’s volleyball Head Coach Margot Royer-Johnson announced today [June 27] that Destiny Clark has joined the program as an...
Providence College volleyball head coach Margot Royer-Johnson announced the program’s 2018 schedule today (June 26).
Three Future Men's Hockey...
Three future members the Providence College men’s hockey program were selected on day two of the 2018 NHL Draft held at the American Airlines Center on...
Incoming Freshman Jay O'Brie...
Incoming Providence College freshman Jay O’Brien (Hingham, Mass.) was selected 19th overall by the Philadelphia Flyers in the first round of the 2018...
Women's Soccer Releases 2018...
Providence College women’s soccer Head Coach Sam Lopes released his team’s 2018 fall schedule today [June 22]. The 18-game slate features match-u...
Men’s Soccer Sets 2018...
The Providence College men’s soccer program and head coach Craig Stewart announced the program’s fall schedule today (June 21).