Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Matt Francis Named Assistant...
Providence College men’s lacrosse Head Coach Chris Gabrielli announced today [July 19] that Matt Francis has joined his staff as an assistant coach. ...
Yoyo Nogic Completes Play At...
Providence College rising sophomore women’s basketball player Jovana ‘Yoyo’ Nogic (Lisbon, Portugal) represented her native Serbia at the...
Former Friar Julian Matthews...
Former Providence College track and cross country standout Julian Matthews '13 will compete in the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympics. Matthews (Nelson, New...
Friars Make Their Presence...
18 former, current, and future Friars have been invited to NHL Development Camps this month.
Bid Now On A Kris Dunn Game-...
Currently on our auction we will be selling a game-worn Kris Dunn jersey. The starting bid will be $500 and the auction will end on July 27 at 1:00 pm. The...
Sarah Collins And Julian...
Providence College women’s cross country stand-out Sarah Collins (Basel, Switzerland) and men’s indoor track star Julian Oakley (Tauranga, New...
Men's Hockey Unveils 2016-17...
The Friars will play 15 games against NCAA Tournament participants in 2016-17.
Men's Soccer Announces 2016 ...
Providence College men's soccer Head Coach Craig Stewart announced the program's 2016 season schedule today (July 6). The Friars will play 10 home games at...