Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men's Basketball Defeats...
The Providence College men's basketball team defeated NJIT, 83-76, on Monday, Nov. 23 at the Dunkin' Donut Center in Providence, R.I.
Men's Soccer Announces 2016 ...
The Providence College men's soccer program announced that it will hold a two-day clinic on January 16 and 17.
Friars Top the National...
For the third consecutive week, the Providence College men's hockey team topped both of the national polls released on Monday (Nov. 23).
Mark Jankowski Named Warrior...
It was announced by the Hockey East on Monday (Nov. 23) that Providence College men's hockey's Mark Jankowski was named Warrior Hockey East Player of the...
Three Women's Soccer Seniors...
Providence College women's soccer seniors Allison Mills (Atkinson, N.H.), Courtney Maguire (Smithfield, R.I.), and Catherine Zimmerman (Madison, N.J.) were...
Freshman Effort Lifts Women'...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team defeated the New Hampshire Wildcats, 4-1, on Nov. 22. Four freshman collected six points on the game to help...
Men's Basketball Game Notes ...
Swimming And Diving Compete ...
The Providence College men's and women's swimming and diving teams competed in the Harold Anderson Invitational hosted by the University of Rhode Island on...