Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Three Goal Third Period...
Entering the third period tied, the Providence College men’s hockey team exploded for three goals in the final 20 minutes to upend No. 12 Vermont, 4-1,...
Men's Basketball Game Notes ...
Women’s Hockey Wins At...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeated UConn, 5-2, on Saturday, Jan. 14 at the Freitas Ice Forum in Storrs, Conn. With the win, the...
Women's Basketall Falls To...
The Providence College women’s basketball team fell to Creighton, 58-51, on Saturday, Jan. 14 in Providence, R.I. The Friars dropped to 9-9 overall (1...
Providence Holds Off Seton...
Rodney Bullock scored 22 points, Kyron Cartwright had 20 and both had key contributions in the final minute as Providence turned back Seton Hall 65-61 on...
The Friars limited their opponent to 14 shots for the second consecutive game.
Men’s Swimming And...
The Providence College men's swimming and diving team hosted Villanova at the Taylor Natatorium in Providence, R.I. on Jan. 14. The Wildcats outpaced the...
Providence College Head...
Providence College men’s basketball Head Coach Ed Cooley’s Radio Show will air live on Wednesday, January 18 at 7 p.m. from Alex & Ani, 2000...