Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Bob Driscoll Honored As...
Providence College Athletics Director Bob Driscoll was honored as Under Armour I-AAA Athletics Director of the Year at NACDA's 51st Annual Convention today [...
Friar Swimming And Diving...
The Providence College men’s and women’s swimming and diving programs have earned national recognition for high achievement in the classroom. The...
Emma Lee Named to the All-EC...
Lee's .423 batting average in 2016 set a program record for the Friars.
Will Mazzone And Michael...
Providence College men’s lacrosse players Will Mazzone ‘16 (Stony Brook, N.Y.) and Michael Perettine ‘16 (Farmingdale, N.Y.) were named...
Brianna Ilarda Finishes 10th...
Providence College women's track sophomore Brianna Ilarda (Perth, Australia) competed in the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championship tonight in Eugene, Ore. ...
Brianna Ilarda Advances To...
Providence College women's track sophomore Brianna Ilarda (Perth Australia) competed at the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championship tonight in the women's 3,...
Former Friar Kris Dunn Named...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - It was announced on June 7 that Former Providence College guard Kris Dunn (New London, Conn.) is one of 25 players who have been selected ...
Jordan Mann Earns Second-Tea...
Providence College men's track graduate-student Jordan Mann (St. Louis, Mo.) competed at the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championship Finals last night in...