Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Softball's Game Versus...
The Providence College softball game versus Georgetown on Sunday, May 1, which was scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m., has been moved to 11:00 a.m.
Softball Defeats Georgetown ...
The Providence College softball team defeated Georgetown in two games on Saturday, April 30 at Glay Field in Providence, R.I.
Men's Lacrosse Falls To No. ...
The Providence College men's lacrosse team fell to No. 17 Villanova, 14-7, in its 2016 regular-season finale on April 30 in Villanova, Pa. The Friars...
Men's and Women's Track...
The Providence College men's and women's track teams had a successful showing at the 122nd Penn Relays in Philadelphia, Pa. last night (April 28).
Softball Defeats Boston...
The Providence College softball team defeated Boston College, 7-6, on Wednesday, April 27 at Glay Field in Providence, R.I. With the win, the Friars...
Men's Lacrosse To Play No....
The Providence College men's lacrosse team (7-7) will travel to No. 17 Villanova (8-4) on Saturday, April 30 at 1:00 p.m.
Softball's Game At UConn...
The Providence College softball team's game at UConn scheduled for today (April 26) was cancelled due to inclement weather.
Will Mazzone Named To BIG...
Providence men's lacrosse senior Will Mazzone (Stony Brook, N.Y.) was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll today (April 25).