Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men's Hockey Hosts Army...
After a stretch of seven consecutive Hockey East games, the Friars play host to Army on Tuesday night (Nov. 25) in a non-conference tilt at Schneider Arena.
Ellis Name Hockey East...
After recording his first career shutout in a 1-0 win over New Hampshire (Nov. 22), sophomore goalie Nick Ellis (Millerville, Md.) was named Hockey East...
Men's Basketball Defeats...
The Providence College men's basketball team defeated Notre Dame, 75-74, on Sunday, Nov. 23 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. to capture the Dave...
Men's Soccer Advances To...
The Providence College Men's Soccer team made history on Sunday night, advancing to the NCAA Third Round for the first time with a 3-0 shutout of Ivy League ...
Tori Rule Named To BIG EAST ...
Providence College senior guard Tori Rule was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll on Monday, Nov. 24. She earns weekly recognition for the fifth time in ...
Hanrahan's Two Goals Power...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team defeated Maine 2-1 in overtime on Sunday afternoon at Harold Alfond Arena. Senior Beth Hanrahan (Poolesville, ...
Women's Basketball Edged By ...
The Providence College women's basketball team was edged by Virginia Tech, 72-69, on Sunday, Nov. 23. at Alumni Hall in Providence, R.I. Four Friars finished...
Men's Cross Country Places...
The Providence College men's cross country team placed 13th at the NCAA Championships on Saturday, Nov. 22 at the Lavern Gibson Championship Cross Country...