Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
No. 11 Men's Hockey To Play ...
The Friars close out their regular-season Hockey East series with Boston College at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 30 at the Eagles' Kelley Rink.
Men's Basketball Defeats...
Providence College men's basketball downed DePaul, 83-72, on Thursday, Jan. 29 at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The Friars improved to 16-5 (6-2 BIG EAST),...
Men's Basketball Game Notes ...
Women's Hockey To Host No. 1...
Providence will host Boston College in the Hockey East season series finale on Friday, Jan. 30 at Schneider Arena for a 7:00 p.m. puck drop. The Eagles...
Men's Basketball Game Vs....
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The Providence College men's basketball game versus DePaul has been RESCHEDULED for Thursday, January 29 at 2:00 p.m. at the Dunkin'...
Men's Hockey Moves To No. 11...
In the latest editions of the national polls released on Monday, Jan. 26, the Providence College men's hockey team was ranked No. 12 by USCHO.com and jumped ...
Lauren Mullins Named BIG...
The BIG EAST Conference announced the BIG EAST Athletes of the Week for track and field on Tuesday, Jan. 27.
DePaul At Providence Men's...
The Providence College men's basketball game versus DePaul, which was scheduled for Tuesday, January 27 at 9:00 p.m. at the Dunkin' Donuts Center in...