Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Volleyball To Continue BIG...
The Providence College volleyball team will host Villanova on Friday, Oct. 31 and Seton Hall on Saturday, Nov. 1. Friday's match will start at 7:00 p.m....
Women's Cross Country To...
The Providence College women's cross country team will compete at the BIG EAST Championships in Carmel, Ind. on Friday, Oct. 31.
No. 8/11 Men's Soccer Plays ...
The No. 8/11 Providence College men's soccer team will host DePaul for its final conference home game of the season at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 29.
Field Hockey Announces...
The Providence College Field Hockey team has announced a $30,000 fundraising campaign to help send the current team on a European Tour during spring break to...
Men's Soccer Climbs In The...
The Providence College men's soccer team jumped higher in the national rankings this week (Tuesday, Oct. 28).
Brianna Ilarda Named...
It was announced on Monday, Oct. 27 that Providence College freshman cross country runner Brianna Ilarda (Perth, Australia) was named USTFCCCA National...
Field Hockey Defeats UMass...
The Friars took a 3-1 lead into halftime, sparked by two goals in the first six minutes of the game. Senior Steph Guglielmo (Castle Rock, Colo.) struck...
Broome and Gressel Named BIG...
It was announced on Monday, Oct. 27 that three members of the Providence College men's soccer team earned BIG EAST Weekly honors.