Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars host Laurentian University for an exhibition game. Puck drop is set for 2:00 p.m. on Sept. 23. The regular season officially begins on Sept. 29...
Providence Cross Country Set...
PROVIDENCE, R.I.- The Providence College men’s and women’s cross country teams will compete against a strong field at the Battle-in-Beantown...
Providence Volleyball Opens ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College Volleyball opens up its conference schedule when it plays host to Villanova and Georgetown over the course of...
Butler Up Next for Men’...
The Providence College men’s soccer team hosts Butler University for BIG EAST action on Saturday, Sept. 23. The game is at 7:00 p.m. and will be played...
Field Hockey Hits The Road...
The Providence College field hockey team will resume BIG EAST Conference play on Friday, Sept. 22 against Villanova. The match is scheduled to begin at 7:00...
Providence Volleyball Drops ...
SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Providence College Volleyball team was defeated by Bryant University 3-0 on Tuesday, Sept. 19. With the loss, Providence drops...
Men's Soccer Falls To Boston...
The Providence College men’s soccer team was defeated by Boston College, 2-1, in double overtime on Tuesday, Sept. 19 in Newton, Mass. The Eagles were...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The USTFCCCA released the second National and Regional Rankings polls of the regular season on Tuesday, Sept. 19. The latest poll of...