Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Kris Dunn Named CBS Sports...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - It was announced on October 6 that Providence junior guard Kris Dunn (New London, Conn.) was selected as a Preseason First Team All-Americ...
#7 Men's Hockey Opens...
Friars and RedHawks battle in rematch from last March's NCAA East semifinal.
Women's Soccer Set To...
The Providence College women's soccer team will continue BIG EAST play with a game versus Villanova and then a game at Marquette. The Friars will play...
Men's Soccer Travels To No. ...
The Providence College men's soccer team will travel to No. 24 Xavier for a 7:00 p.m. game on Oct. 10.
Men's Hockey Shines at...
The Providence College men's hockey team was honored in two categories at the inaugural "Globies Presented by Mercedes-Benz" on Tuesday night (Oct. 6) at the...
Volleyball To Host Seton Hall
The Providence College women's volleyball team will host BIG EAST foe Seton Hall at 7:00 p.m. on Oct. 7 at Alumni Hall on the campus of Providence College....
Women's Soccer Defeated By...
The Providence College women's soccer team was defeated by Butler, 3-1, on Sunday, Oct. 4 at the Ray Treacy in BIG EAST action.
Dartmouth Tops Field Hockey,...
The Providence College field hockey team fell to Dartmouth, 5-2, at Lennon Family Field on Oct. 4. The Friars out-shot the Big Green, 12-9, and held an 8-2 ...