Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Tickets Available for the...
The Providence College Athletic Department just released a limited number of single game tickets for the men's hockey game versus Boston College this...
Women's Hockey To Play In...
Providence and Brown will play in the 20th Annual Mayor's Cup on Friday, Nov. 28 at Brown with the puck drop set for 2:00 p.m. The teams will also compete...
Tickets Available For Men's ...
The 25th-ranked Providence College men's basketball team will return to action on Friday, November 28 when it hosts Yale at 4:00 p.m. at the Dunkin' Donuts...
LaDontae Henton Named BIG...
It was announced on Monday, November 24 that Providence senior forward LaDontae Henton (Lansing, Michigan) was named BIG EAST Player of the Week. It marks...
Women's Basketball Game...
The Providence College women's basketball team will face the University of Dayton on Wednesday, Nov. 26 at UD Arena in Dayton, Ohio. Tip-off is scheduled for...
Men's Hockey Hosts Army...
After a stretch of seven consecutive Hockey East games, the Friars play host to Army on Tuesday night (Nov. 25) in a non-conference tilt at Schneider Arena.
Ellis Name Hockey East...
After recording his first career shutout in a 1-0 win over New Hampshire (Nov. 22), sophomore goalie Nick Ellis (Millerville, Md.) was named Hockey East...
Men's Basketball Defeats...
The Providence College men's basketball team defeated Notre Dame, 75-74, on Sunday, Nov. 23 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. to capture the Dave...