Links• BIG EAST Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
• NCAA Transfer Guide
• 4-4 Transfer Guide
• 2-4 Transfer Guide
• 4-2-4 Transfer Guide
• NCAA website
• BIG EAST website
• PC Admissions website
- Permission to Speak/Contact: Potential transfer student-athlete obtains written permission (from AD or designee), directly or indirectly, to speak with/contact another institution regarding the possibility of transferring in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics at that institution. Contact is not permitted by an athletics staff member at an institution without written permission.
- 4-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who attends a four-year college (e.g., NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, or international institution) and seeks to transfer to another four-year college to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-4 transfer please see '4-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who currently attends a two-year college (i.e., community college, junior college where students can earn an associate degree) and seeks to transfer to a four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 2-4 transfer please see '2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- 4-2-4 Transfer: A student-athlete who transfers from a four-year college, to a two-year college, and then to another four-year institution to participate in collegiate athletics. For more information regarding a 4-2-4 transfer please see '4-2-4 Transfer Guide' located in the Links section of this page.
- Residence Requirement: The general rule for a student that transfers from any kind of collegiate institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, foreign, domestic) to a NCAA institution is the requirement to complete one full academic year (i.e., full-time enrollment for two semesters or three quarters) of residence at the new institution before being eligible to compete. For exceptions to the residence requirement, please contact the Providence College Athletic Compliance Office.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Skates To 3-3...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team tied Syracuse, 3-3, in an away non-conference game on Saturday, Oct. 18. Freshman Brooke Boquist (Thunder Bay,...
Volleyball Falls In Three To...
The Providence College volleyball team was defeated by Creighton in straight sets (25-10, 25-12, 25-7) on Sunday afternoon. Creighton improves to 15-7 (8-1...
Men's Cross Country Finishes...
The Providence College men's cross country team finished 11th out of 34 teams at the Wisconsin Adidas Invitational on Friday, Oct. 17 in Madison, Wis.
Field Hockey Unravels Late...
The Providence College field hockey team trailed by just one goal at halftime to fourth-ranked Connecticut, and were within striking distance with 10 minutes...
Men's Hockey Skates To 3-3...
In an exhibition game, the Providence College men's hockey team and the United States National Team Development Program U-18's played to a 3-3 tie on...
Women's Cross Country...
The Providence College women's cross country team finished 24th at the Wisconsin Adidas Invitational on Friday, Oct. 17 in Madison, Wis.
Women's Soccer Defeats...
The Providence College women's soccer team recorded the win at Xavier, 1-0, on Thursday, Oct. 16.
Former Friar Genevieve...
Former Providence College women's ice hockey standout Genevieve Lacasse '12 was named to Team Canada's 23-player roster for the Four Nations Cup, as it was...